Saturday, October 24, 2009

The World Needs More Dub Dub

I just got around to watching USA's White Collar. Originally I wasn't going to bother because goodness knows I have enough television shows on my schedule as it is, but after hearing good things about it (most notably from Matt Roush, one of the few television critics whose opinion carries weight with me) I decided to give it a shot. I figure I'll be able to find time for it every week now that the new Fall shows are starting to air repeats, so it's either watch the repeats, find news shows or spend some time outside so...

Yeah, not really much of a choice.

Well, if the rest of the episodes are as fun as the pilot then I'll make the time. It's sort of a Catch Me If You Can goes to television-type thing except that the Hanratty character is actually a brilliant agent in his own right. The FBI agent, Peter "I got Kelly Kapowski as my wife of the last ten years so suck it Zack!"Burke (Tim McKay) and the criminal Neal Caffrey (Matt "Chasing Will Traveler" Bomer) do great jobs with their roles and I will probably love this show even more when Natalie "Dub Dub" Morales joins effective next week. The world needs more Dub Dub.

Anyways, the feel of this show is a cross between the aforementioned Catch Me If You Can and more than a little Leverage. Both good things as far as I'm concerned. Oh, and Diahann Carroll has a small role in it also. The last that I saw of Diahann Carroll was about ten years ago, and the woman has not gotten any older. It's like on her 50th birthday she glared at God and said "alright that's enough now, don't make me hit you" and hasn't gotten any older since. I'm happy for her.



No comments: